Carrots are a great source of vitamins A, C, and K. They also contain antioxidants that help to improve vision and fight against aging. The list goes on and on! Carrots are not only good for your body but they are also good for the planet. Not only is the world population expected to increase by 70% in the next 50 years, but our Earth is becoming less habitable as well. For example, we need more than 40% more land to sustain the people who will live here in 2050 if we don’t start changing our habits now. Here are 10 reasons why carrots might be your best bet for a sustainable future.
The Health Benefits of Carrots
More than just an orange-colored root vegetable, carrots are a source of nutrients that can improve your health. Carrots are loaded with vitamin A, which helps to maintain healthy skin and vision. They also contain antioxidants that help to fight the aging process. Plus, carrots are a great source of vitamins C and K that help to promote better cardiovascular health. The list goes on and on!
So, why should you be eating more carrots? Here are 10 reasons why it’s worth it:
1) Carrots contain beta carotene that can provide you with the same benefits as vitamin A in the fight against aging, but without the risk of developing cancer.
2) Carrots provide some of your body’s most important nutrients for good vision, such as lutein and zeaxanthin–two compounds that protect your eyes from high levels of light exposure.
3) Carrots have a low glycemic index score–meaning they don’t cause spikes in blood sugar or insulin levels like other foods do–which can reduce your risk for diabetes.
4) Carrots are a great way to get essential nutrients from vegetables like folate, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. All these nutrients help regulate bodily functions such as muscle strength and bone health.
5) Carrots have been shown to reduce cholesterol levels in some people who consume them regularly (but not always).
6) Eating lots of carrots has been shown to help
The Environmental Benefits of Carrots
Carrots are a super healthy and sustainable food source. They help it’s not only more environmentally friendly to eat carrots, but also to grow them.
They are an easy way to help your body fight the effects of aging.
Carrots contain nutrients that are good for your vision.
Carrots play a role in helping prevent cancer by fighting free radicals with antioxidant properties.
The list goes on and on! You can check out our blog post here for more information: https://johntaylorgreenblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/10-reasons-to-eat-more-carrots-for-healthy-and-wellness/
10 Ways carrots make a difference
Eating more carrots is not only good for your health but it also helps to improve the environment. Carrots can help you avoid heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Carrots are a great source of protein, fiber, and magnesium. They are also a food that is easy on the wallet. To get the most nutrients out of your carrot choices, you should try them in different ways: raw, juiced, roasted, shaved into ice cream or salad dressing.
Carrots are an inexpensive food choice that will give you loads of healthy benefits!